Edward Burleson was a general in the Texas Revolution and the county’s name was derived from this. At the 2010 census, the population was 17,187. The county is located in west-central part of Texas and is home to a large population of Texans. The population density is high, making it easy for the average person to move from one part of the county to the next. Despite the small size of the county, it offers residents plenty of opportunities to make their living.
The first humans to settle in the county were the Tonkawas, who lived in the area and camped by rivers. The area’s population fell to about nine hundred by the late 1970s. Then, the Black exodus resumed and thousands of Whites left to seek employment in urban areas. Within the next 20 years, the population of Burleson County dropped by 12 percent. Today, the county’s population is still around nine thousand.
Although the state’s population is growing every year, Burleson County had a high number of pioneers, including Moses Austin. He may have been the first American to travel through the area. Another important explorer in the area was Zebulon M. Pike, who traveled through the region in 1807. The county’s land was largely unimproved, but the cotton yield increased fourfold to 4,418 bales. By 1860, Burleson’s corn and cattle production was booming, with a high of 42,469 head. By the mid-1950s, the population of the county was even higher than it is today.
In the early twentieth century, the county experienced a dramatic increase in the number of Mexican migrant workers. The demand for agricultural labor became acute during World War I, and the population of Mexicans in the area grew from just four farms in the 1940s to more than twelve in 1982. The oil and gas industry played a major role in the local economy, but Mexican immigration was curtailed during the period. However, the oil and gas boom was good news for the county.
In the 1860 census, the county had a population of 35 percent black people. The black population grew steadily until the early twentieth century. In 1870, the county had three hundred and thirty-four African American residents. During the antebellum period, the population of the county was predominantly White, with the antebellum period being the most conservative. By the mid-nineteenth century, the black population remained steady, with the majority of residents occupying positions in government.
The population of Burleson County is approximately seventeen thousand. The county is part of the College Station-Bryan Metropolitan Statistical Area. Its county seat is in Caldwell, and its population is approximately seventeen thousand people. The state is known for its agricultural production. The lignite coal in the area is the second largest source of energy in the country. Throughout the years, the area has seen significant increases in the amount of petroleum, natural gas, and other natural resources.
The population of Burleson, Texas, was approximately 200 in the 1890s. The city was home to a single well. At that time, the city had no electricity. This became a popular place for people to live, because it was more convenient for the settlers. In the early twentieth century, it was incorporated into a town. It is home to two high schools and a university campus. This area is also home to an artesian-water supply.
The county’s population was roughly three million in 2010. It is a diverse area with a diverse landscape. The area is mostly hilly and arid. Most of the county is covered in forests, but there are also a few other types of trees that thrive. There are several natural springs and wetlands. A variety of wildlife species is found in the county, and many birds and butterflies are found there as well.
A large percentage of the county’s population was black. In the 1840s, the county’s economy was dependent on the cattle industry. By the 1850s, the county produced 12,117 cows, 376 sheep, and 70,000 bushels of corn. In 1850, there were five hundred and eighty acres of improved farmland and 1,010 bales of cotton. This was a slow recovery and only one of the counties in the region had an Indian population of over 5,000.