Comanche County Texas – County Seat Comanche

Comanche County, Texas is located in Central Texas. It is the county seat and the largest city in the state. The Comanche Native American tribe was the original people of the area, and today it has a population of 13,974 people. The county was established in 1856, and is located on the Edwards Plateau. The Comanche Indian tribe was a prominent group of people in the area, and the county is named for them.

While there is a large amount of land in Comanche County, it is not a particularly big county. Its population is approximately 13,974 and it covers an area of 948 square miles (or 2,460 km2), which is more than twice the size of Manhattan. The population is also quite small, with the largest city of De Leon being just a few hundred people. The town of Proctor has a close community, and the area around it is dominated by small towns.

Until the 1950s, Comanche County was home to a population of 15,516 people. The population declined by about three-fourths during the depression, and was 11,865 in 1980. During this time, however, the county’s population increased, and the county’s name was changed to De Leon County. The name “De Leon” comes from the town of De Leon. The Comanche Chief is the largest newspaper in the county.

The county was named for the Comanche Indian tribe. During the 1860s, the town had seven hundred people. It was named after its first inhabitants, the Comanche Indians. The area is currently characterized by rolling land and dark waxy soils. The North Leon River flows into the Brazos River system. The city of Cora became an important supply center for the oilfields in the region. The oil boom lasted until the 1930s, when production dwindled. Then, the Desdemona oil discovery was made and the county was transformed into a town.

In the 1900 census, the population was twenty-three hundred and ninety-one. The population growth reflected the development of the region in the last two decades of the nineteenth century. The area still remained a frontier area and ranching continued to be a major part of the local economy. At that time, Comanche County had a total population of fifteen thousand people and 79 Blacks. By the 1900 census, the area had a population of only eight thousand and sixty-seven hundred and fifty-one inhabitants.

The history of the county is rich in interesting stories. In the late nineteenth century, the county was largely dependent on the cotton industry. Its land area dropped from 89,000 acres to three thousand acres. A third of the farmers in the county went out of business. The boll weevil plague caused the decline of the cotton industry in the mid-century. During that time period, the population declined by more than thirty percent. The decline of the economy of Comanche County led to a large number of people who were forced to abandon their fields.

There are many things to do in Comanche County. The sprawling city park is a great place to exercise kids, and it is home to a herd of deer that returned to the area. In the 1980s, the oil boom peaked in the county and the area became dry. During that time, the oil industry was not sustainable in the long run. The region was flooded and the crops failed to produce.

During the Depression, Comanche County’s economy was primarily based on farming. In 1860, the county had only a single bale of cotton and approximately fourteen thousand head of cattle. The county’s population of four hundred and sixty-one people was a result of its agricultural economy. At that time, a military road called the “Corn Trail” came through the county in the 1850s, and the area became a popular location for tourists.

The county seat is Cora. It is a beautiful community in southwest Texas. The city has a small Native American community and is home to five cemeteries. There is a beautiful park and a museum that tells the history of the area. The historical photographs are also fascinating. The book contains information about the town’s many landmarks, including the famous Robert T. Hill statue. The book is written by James and Donna Chapman.



Comments are closed.