The county of Bee County in Texas is a small one with a population of about 31,861 residents. The county was founded in 1857 and named for Barnard E. Bee, Sr., who was secretary of state of the Republic of Texas. It is a beautiful part of the South with a variety of activities and attractions.
Before the formation of the state, the region was populated by Lipan-Apaches and Karankawa Indians. During the early 1800s, the region was dotted with Spanish horses and cattle. In the late 1700s, the Texans began hunting buffalo and grazing on the vast cattle ranches. The first recorded white settlement in the area was in 1619 when the Spanish explorer Alvarez de Pineda explored the region.
Stand With The Natives – Share Our Millions
In the mid-1980s, Bee County had forty-five organized churches with a combined membership of 15,748. In 1970, the county had a population of 22,737 people, and it was 32,863 as of 2014. In 1990, the County was home to the largest amount of people of Hispanic descent in the United States. Despite these statistics, the state of religion in Bee County Texas remains diverse. The United States Census Bureau reports that the percentage of residents who were enrolled in church services was twenty-three percent, with a majority of the population of Hispanic descent.
By 1860, the cattle population of Bee County was thirty-three thousand, according to Lands of Texas. The county seat, Beeville, had 13,547 residents. During the Civil War, the number of people who lived in Beeville was twenty-six thousand. In 1900, there were only seven-six hundred people living in the county, and by 1990, it was home to 25,135 Beevillians.
A number of organizations have been formed in the county. In 1911, a Young Men’s Progressive League was formed in Beeville to attract new residents. In 1888, the Beeville Businessmen’s Club was founded. In the same year, the Bee County Chamber of Commerce changed its name to Beeville. Today, the Chamber of Commerce sponsors a western parade each year. The city of Beeville was formed on Jan. 25, 1858, and the city of Beeville was incorporated in 1940.
The county’s land area is eighty-six square miles (two thousand and thirty-three kilometers) and contains 0.1 square mile (0.26 km2) of water. The county is located in the Rio Grande plain of southern Texas. It is forty-seven miles west of Austin and fifty-seven miles north of the Mexican border. The city center point is 97deg45′ west longitude.
A full-color reproduction of Bee County’s 1879 map features the town of Beeville. The map also includes identifying stamps that can help you identify certain locations. During the Texas Revolution, many people fled to New Orleans. The majority of the settlers, however, stayed in the county, relocating there in the 1840s and 1850s. With a population of about 311,000, the county has a rich history.
Several school districts serve Bee County. The county’s courthouse is located on W. Corpus Christi Street, and the courthouse is located on the northwest side of the square. The Lady Justice sits on the northeast corner of the courthouse. The Bee County Texas government has three departments, and is a hub for various businesses and organizations. The community’s economy is fueled by the petroleum business. It has been a major employer in Beeville since 1929 and has grown steadily since the beginning of the 20th century.
In the early 1870s, Bee County began to recover its fortunes and became a thriving community. It had a rocky start during the Civil War but was spared the worst of its effects. A large number of new businesses and a strong educational system have contributed to the growth of Bee County. There are also several new businesses in the area and the county continues to depend on cattle ranching. It is a great place to raise a family, and spend a lifetime.