Titus County is a northeastern Texas county. The county seat is Mount Pleasant and the 2010 census showed a population of 32,333. It was named for Andrew Jackson, a prominent settler who emigrated from Scotland to the area. The micropolitan statistical area of Mount Pleasant includes the city. The area’s population is home to two universities and one medical center. There are also many attractions in the county, including a historic train museum.
Before the Civil War, Titus County was settled by slave-holding farmers and planters. In 1860, there were 32,506 residents, including 3,136 slaves. The population increased to 32,769 by 1910, and the number of people with at least a high school diploma rose to 16,422 in 1920. In 1990, Titus County had a population of 15,486. In 2014, there were 776 farms covering 178,303 acres.
The county is home to one skate park and seven pavilions. Throughout the year, the community has a number of events and festivals. The county has five baseball diamonds, a skateboard park, and several parks. The region is largely forested, with various types of softwoods and hardwoods. The elevation ranges from 250 to 450 feet above sea level. The average temperature is 97deg F in July. The weather in Titus County is moderate.
The earliest inhabitants of Titus County were the Caddo Indians. It is unclear when Europeans first reached the area, but local historians claim that up to 1,500 men were recruited from this area to fight in the Civil War. While there are no conclusive facts on when Europeans first arrived in the area, they were gradually displaced by the arrival of White settlers. Since then, the county has been a center of Indian settlement.
The town of Mount Pleasant is a popular destination for tourists in north-eastern Texas. The town is home to many beautiful lakes, where you can enjoy boating and fishing. The thriving economy of the area has led to a number of historical landmarks in the county. As a result, the area is a popular tourist destination. You can enjoy the scenic beauty of the Piney Woods and enjoy the delicious food prepared by the locals.
In 1867, the county was home to numerous settlements, and the population of Titus County was predominantly African. In May 1867, two companies of the Sixth United States Cavalry were stationed in the county. The troop commander, Maj. Samuel Henry Starr, who had just been appointed to the county, recommended that the freedmen be relocated to avoid the “slaughter” of the Freedmen’s Bureau.
Stand With The Natives – Share Our Millions
The county is served by the Chapel Hill Independent School District, which is home to more than 8,000 students. It also serves a school district called the Mount Pleasant Intelligent School District. The Mount Pleasant area is also home to the county’s oldest church, which is named for Andrew Jackson Titus. During the Civil War, the county supported the Confederate cause. Hence, the city was home to the first Wal-Mart in Texas.
In the early years, the county’s economy was based on agricultural products. Corn was the major crop, and it was grown in abundance in the county. However, the area’s growth rate slowed down after the Civil War, and the population of the county dropped to its present size. As a result, the county’s economy was based primarily on livestock and agricultural products. The population was reduced to 5,959 in 1870.
The population of Mount Pleasant is over 32,000. The city is a booming agritourism center, and has three railroads. During the nineteenth century, the county was a hub of trade, and today it is one of the leading agritourism areas in Texas. And in recent years, it has become an important agricultural town as well. In fact, there are two major agritourism destinations in the area.
While the county’s population is under 32 thousand, there are many places to see. The Northern Standard is a popular newspaper in Mount Pleasant. You can browse the latest issues of this paper and read about local news and events in the area. The county was organized in 1846 from Bowie and Red River counties. In 2014, it had a population of 32,506. It has a total of six cities and five towns.