Fort Davis is a census-designated place (CDP) in Jeff Davis County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,050 at the 2000 census and 1,041 according to a 2007 estimate. It is the county seat of Jeff Davis County. It was the site of Fort Davis established in 1854 on the San Antonio-El Paso Road through west Texas and named after Jefferson Davis, who was then the Secretary of War under President Franklin Pierce.
Bookmark the permalink.