The Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant was a government-owned, contractor-operated (GOCO) facility 12 miles west of Texarkana, Texas that was established in 1942. The land was taken from the local citizens by eminent Domain from the Federal Government. The Lone Star Defense Corporation, a subsidiary of the B. F. Goodrich Rubber Corporation, won the contract on July 23, 1941 to produce artillery shells, bombs, fuses, boosters, and other auxiliary ammunitions items at the site. The plant produced ammunition throughout World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. The plant is currently operated by Day & Zimmermann.
Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant
Bookmark the permalink.